Shop and Establishment Act Registration (Shop License)
When an entity employs people who may be casual workers, full time employees, contract based etc, to regulate the work conditions and ensure the workers’ rights are protected, it is mandatory to get registered under the Shops and Establishments Act, informally called Shop Licence. TaxFillingIndia expert will help you carry out all the formalities with ease.
Every Indian state has enacted certain rules and regulations with regard to conditions of work. The objective is to secure uniform benefits for employees working in different establishments, from shops, commercial establishments and residential hotels to restaurants, theatres and other places of public amusement or entertainment.
Our Company Registration package includes the following:
- DSC for one director and DIN for up to three directors
- Drafting of MoA & AoA
- Registration fees and stamp duty
- Company Incorporation Certificate
Under the Shop and Establishment Act, every business has to seek approval from Department of Labour and keep up-to-date registers regarding details of employment, fines, deductions and advances, salary and holidays. The requirements may vary from state to state. Files related to annual holidays and number of employees need to be submitted to the office of the Municipal Corporation annually.
When is a Shops and Establishments Act license required?
Every shop and establishment needs to register itself compulsorily under this Act within 30 days of commencement of work. As this is such a basic license, many other licenses require this as proof of a commercial business. For example, most banks will require you to furnish it if you want to open a current account.
Who Should Buy?
Individuals running a shop or having an office or place where they are carrying out business activity
Documents Required for a Shop License
- Passport size photo of the applicant
- Photo of the shop along with the owner
- List of management employees and directors, if applicable
- List of management employees and directors, if applicable | Share the following details in an Excel sheet * Duration the employee has been working in the company, their position and wages * Number of working days in the company in a year
- Address proof of establishment|Share the following details in an Excel sheet * Duration the employee has been working in the company, their position and wages * Number of working days in the company in a year
- Affidavit to be shared with the applicant