What is Food license or FSSAI Registration?
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India in order to monitor the quality of food products being produced or processed by various food operators has mandated food operators to obtain Food license. All the businesses engaged in food activities are required to apply for different type of food license based on following parameters
FSSAI registration is a mandatory compliance used to ensure the safety of food products and it is essentially a food safety certificate issued by the food authority in India. ... FSSAI Online Registration is done through Legalraasta(FSSAI license consultants)
Our Company Registration package includes the following:
- DSC for one director and DIN for up to three directors
- Drafting of MoA & AoA
- Registration fees and stamp duty
- Company Incorporation Certificate
Different types of FSSAI Registrations
There are three types of Registrations under FSSAI. Our experts will advise you on the applicable registration based on the government registration criteria. The plan price shall vary according to the registration applied for.
- FSSAI Basic registration- Small businesses or startups having annual turnover below Rs.12 lakhs can apply. As operations scale up and turnover reaches Rs. 12 lakh bar, the basic registration will need to be upgraded to state license.
- FSSAI State license-Small and Medium business units having annual turnover in the range of Rs.12lakh -20 crores need to apply for State level License
- FSSAI Central license-For large business having annual turnover above Rs.20 crores, applicant need to obtain Central Level License. The same license is applicable where you are you are engaged in import or export of food products or selling goods to government offices.
Steps involved in obtaining FSSAI License
- Step 1: FSSAI Form A is filled on FSSAI website and payment is made
- Step 2:After payment has been made successfully, Form B has to be filed along with multiple declarations and resolutions such as board resolution, No Objection Certificate by landowner to establish the identity of business. These are to be drafted by professionals such as Chartered Accountants and Company Secretaries as the application goes through rigorous vetting by the department.
- Step 3: On submission of application along with other documents, a code is generated for provisional registration which is to be quoted during all future correspondence.
- Step 4: The application is then reviewed by the department and it may call for additional information or suggest edits. The process takes around 30 to 40 days to get closed and involve follow ups with department before the receipt of licence number. With ClearTax the process can become simple. All you need to do is: Buy the Plan Upload documents
- Get Application Code
- Track status
- Obtain FSSAI license
Validity period of the license
FSSAI License is issued with validity of one to five years in each category that is Basic Registration, State Registration and Central Registration. The license has to be renewed within 30 days before expiry of original license. For renewal too the same plan can be used.
Separate FSSAI Registration if i have two ice cream parlors in the same city
FSSAI license that is issued is always location specific. If you have multiple business places you need to apply for separate registration for each location.
Documents To Be Submitted
- Supporting documents (if any) | If the department has asked for additional information share the same
- Photo Identity proof of promoters
- Business Constitution certificate | which can be partnership deed, certificate of incorporation or other registration certificate eg. trust.
- Proof of possession of busienss premises | It can be rental agreement or any latest utility bill
- List of food products manufactured or processed
- Bank account information | Opening page of bank passbook held in name of proprietor/business